At La Jolla Community Church, we want to come alongside families and partner with parents who are on the journey of raising kids. Our goal is to combine the influences of the church and home to help our sons and daughters develop personal faith that lasts. To do this, we are committed to creating age-appropriate worship and learning experiences at church, while equipping parents with tools and resources to use at home during the week.
We know it takes a village to raise a family, so we regularly host events to connect with parents, offer opportunities to worship and grow together, and give parents a much-deserved break. Our family-centered programs include movie nights, Parents Night Out, and family serving opportunities. As a parent, you can also get involved by serving in a Sunday program!
SUNDAY MORNING PROGRAMS
Our Sunday morning programs place children from birth through 5th grade in age-appropriate environments where they can learn about Jesus and develop their own authentic faith. Children will have a chance to join in on worship, Bible stories, and small group activities.
The following programs are offered on Sundays during the 9 and 10:45 am services:
- Roots (Birth – 2-year-olds)
- Owl’s Hallow (3 and 4-year-olds)
- The Clubhouse (5 and 6-year-olds)
- The BigHouse (1st – 5th grade)
When you arrive, you can go to Room 3 or the Bungalows to check-in your child(ren).
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of your children. Each child is checked-in before service, and in the event your child needs your attention during service, we will use your cell phone to contact you. All staff and volunteers working with children are screened and go through a background check to further ensure the safety of your children.
Additional safety precautions:
- Please be sure to alert us of any allergies or medical conditions so we can take the necessary steps to accommodate your needs.
- Children should be free of fever or contagious symptoms for 24 hours prior to coming into a program.
SERVE WITH US
We love our Children’s ministry volunteers! There are many ways you can get involved, too. We encourage every parent to volunteer at least once, as a way to get familiar with the classes and to make an investment in the next generation.
Early Childhood Volunteers
Volunteers in our birth through kindergarten classes:
- Lead storytelling and activities
- Assist the teacher in engaging the children in play, making them feel safe and welcome
- Encourage them to participate in the class activities such as worship and Bible stories
Elementary Small Group Volunteers
Volunteers in our 1st through 5th grade classes get to help:
- Welcome the kids and engage them in the opening activity
- Sit next to kids during the lesson and encourage them to listen
- Lead a small group based off the guide given ahead of time
Volunteering in our Children’s ministry takes people with a variety of spiritual gifts and puts to use a variety of skill sets:
- Serve on Sunday mornings
- Lead children’s worship
- Volunteer during special events (Harvest Festival, Easter Block Party, Movie Nights)
- Data entry, social media, and communications
For more information about programs, events, and volunteer opportunities, please contact:
Ryana Contreras, Director of Children’s Ministries
(858) 558-9020 ext. 208